CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Waiting....

Lately, I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I've been so busy. I've been busy for months.

Too Busy.

Too busy to:
-Spend time with friends, and family
-Exercise
-Walk Daisy Mae, our puppy, daily
-Read and write as much as I would like
-To spend time with my husband
-To spend time with God

It's easy for me to become over involved in activities, work, and just busyness. It's my nature, I like to be busy.Unfortunately, sometimes there are things that are more important that get shoved to the back burner for things that are not necessary.

It's easy to whip though time with my husband for couple devotions at night because I'm tired. It's easy to skip prayer in the morning because I'm running late for work in the morning. It's easy to leave early from church because I have an event or appointment I have to run to.

It's so easy to be so busy with other things, that we  I "forget," or simply choose not to spend time on the things that really do matter.

Like time with my husband, dog, friends or family- or how about, dare I say- God?

See, right now there's been a lot of thing's that I had been seeking direction on God on for with my life's passions, purpose, and opportunities. I was starting to wonder if God was listening to me, or trying to teach me patience. Funny thing is, I have been so busy that I haven't even given him time to speak to me, let alone take a moment to pause, wait and listen for Him. How can I await an answer to a question if I am not willing (or making myself available) to hear it? Silly isn't it.

Silly thing is, we do it all the time.

Why don't we take a breather, step back and re-evaluate somethings. Why don't we prioritize our time, and make sure we are investing our time into the things that have eternal value- people and our relationships with them, and God, and our relationship with Him.

- Kristen Marie

Verses:
Psalms 25:5   Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:21   Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.  
Psalms 27:14   Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.  

Psalms 37:7   Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

Reflections:
-Are you always moving onto the next thing and rushing through the busyness of life?
-Do you take time to wait, pause, and spend time with God and allow Him to speak to you?

John Waller - While I'm Waiting (Official Music Video) from Provident Label Group on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment